Most of our employees work as Counselors and our staffing needs for Counselors vary. So, we always accept applications for this position.
Our Counselor position is a fun position, but it is also hard work.
● You are on your feet and active for the entire shift and you are working outside for a large portion of the day.
● The starting pay for this position varies by location. There are also opportunities for additional salary increases based on performance.
● Our shifts are typically 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM. We are looking for team members that are available to work most days.
● For full-time employment, we are looking for team members that are available to work on most days including both Saturdays and Sundays and most holidays.
● For part-time employment, we are looking for team members that are available to work at least four days per week with one of those days on either Saturday or Sunday.
● Ruff Housing is a fast-growing company and there are opportunities for advancement. Our Bathers/Grooming Assistants, Lodging Specialists, Customer Service Specialists, and Shift Managers generally are team members that have been promoted from Counselors.
● Supervising approximately 10 dogs in a playgroup. Dogs are separated by size and play style.
● Playing with and interacting with dogs of all sizes and breeds both indoors and outdoors.
● Being attentive to the individual needs of the dogs in our care.
● Keeping the daycare and lodging facility clean.
● Counselors may occasionally work in other roles and assist in taking lodging dogs for outdoor walks and playtimes, cleaning kennel areas, and logging all appropriate information in individual charts.
● High school diploma or equivalent or related experience and/or training.
● Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
● Employees must be able to lift unassisted a minimum of 40 pounds and be willing and able to safely restrain or move dogs of all sizes including dogs that are over 100 pounds.
● While performing this job, employees will be standing, walking and active for most of the time.